Building a new home or enhancing an existing property can be an exciting yet daunting journey, whether you’re a serial renovator or taking the leap for the first time. The hardest step is often the first one as you ponder what will your ‘back of an envelope’ design look like in reality, how much will it all cost, will it get planning permission. To alleviate some of those initial anxieties and help you to make an informed decision our pre-design service aims to determine whether the project is viable.
To start with, our team here in London will present you with some initial design ideas and then tell you what’s involved to take it to the next stage. Here are a few of the questions we will answer:
- What are the best internal layouts to suit our space and style?
- Will a professional architect be needed all the way through the project?
- What other specialties and skills will the project require?
- What would the exterior of our completed house look like?
- How do I get rough estimates for the proposed building work?
- How much would it cost to produce full technical drawings?
- How much does it cost to get planning permissions?
- How can I spread the cost over the key building phases of the project?
- How do I get planning permission and how long does it normally take?
- What are the key planning issues and legal considerations?
- Our home is in a London conservation area – what are the implications?
- What are the latest building regulations and tax issues?